Rohit Sharma is known for his technical batting style in an Indian Cricket Team. His real name is ROHIT GURUNATH SHARMA. He is a finest opening batsman of Indian Cricket Team. He born on,30 April 1987 .Rohit Sharma is a right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm off break bowler who plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket. He is the vice-captain of the India national team in the limited overs format and the captain of Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League.
Rohit Sharma started his International career in 2007,when he was 20. He made his ODI debut on 23 June 2007 against Ireland. In 2013, he started playing as an opening batsman for India ODI team, and performed amazing and consistently . He scored consecutive centuries in his first two Test matches against the West Indies in November 2013, scoring 177 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on debut, followed by a score of 111* in the next Test at the Wankhede Stadium in India. He played 108 ODIs before playing his maiden Test.
On 13 November 2014, Rohit Sharma scored 264 against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, which is the highest individual score in ODIs. He has also scored 106 against South Africa in Twenty20 Internationals and became the second Indian to score a century in all three formats. He then became the only player in the world to score two double hundreds in ODIs. Rohit Sharma is the first skipper to lead his team to the IPL title thrice.
Records for Rohit Sharma
- On 2 October 2015, Rohit Sharma became the second Indian to make a century in T20I cricket, thus becoming the highest scorer in a single T20I innings for India. He scored 106 off 66 balls. This record was broken when K. L. Rahul scored 110* against West Indies on 27 August 2016. Sharma became the second Indian after Suresh Raina to have scored a century each in each of the three forms of International Cricket.
- On 13 November 2014, Rohit Sharma became the highest individual ODI scorer with 264 runs against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata. He also became the only player to hit two double hundreds in ODI cricket match
- Sharma broke the record set by Shane Watson for Most runs from fours and sixes in an innings by scoring 186 runs.by boundaries.
- With 33 fours, Rohit Sharma hit the most number of fours in an ODI innings.
- On 11 October 2015, he scored the 150 in Kanpur against South Africa making it the highest ODI score in Kanpur
- Sharma has the highest number of sixes, 16, in an ODI inning.
- A hat-trick in the Indian Premier League
- On 12 January 2016,Rohit Sharma scored 171* against Australia in a one-day international between India and Australia at Perth. This is the highest score by a visiting batsman against Australia in Australia. The previous top score against Australia in Australia was Viv Richards’ 153 not out at the MCG in 1979–80.
- Most runs scored by a batsman in bilateral ODI seris with 491 runs against Australia in Australian cricket team in India in 2013–14 series